Abortion Pill / Medication Abortion
Up to 11 weeks from first day of last menstrual period (LMP)
What is the Abortion Pill
The Abortion Pill is a combination of two medications that are taken in our clinic and in the privacy of your own home to safely end a pregnancy up to 11 weeks. Some women report the medication abortion as being “private” and “more like a miscarriage”.
How does the Abortion Pill work?
- Must be under 11 weeks pregnant as established by ultrasound/sonar.
- You will take the first pill in our clinic. It blocks progesterone, a hormone needed to continue the pregnancy.
- 24-48 hours after taking the first pill in our clinic, you will take the second set of pills at home.
- They gently soften and open the cervix so that the discontinued pregnancy can pass through.
- Most women will completely expel the uterine contents within 6 hours after taking the set of pills at home.
- You will experience vaginal bleeding similar to a heavy menstrual period and intense cramps.
- Most women could continue to bleed lightly up to their next period.
- Expect the abortion to occur in the two days after leaving the clinic, but sometimes the abortion can be delayed and can occur unexpectedly in the two weeks after your first clinic visit.
- You must be able to be contacted 1-2 weeks after your visit to make sure you are not still pregnant. You may need to return for an ultrasound here in the clinic. There is no charge for this visit.
- Contraception will be discussed and prescribed.
The medication abortion (Abortion Pill) is 95-98% effective in completely ending a pregnancy. Effectiveness can depend on the treatment regimen and length of pregnancy. Most uses of the Abortion Pill are successful. An incomplete abortion can safely be treated with additional medication or a surgical abortion available here at our center.
Call one of our phone personnel if you are considering this option, and we will be happy to answer any further questions and help you determine if this option is best for you.
See our Abortion Fees for current prices.
WHAT THEY HAD TO SAY
~ patient comments ~
I was extremely impressed with the staff, doctors, and the overall cleanliness of the facility! The whole experience was less stressful than expected.” – Google review
They were all extremely professional, personable, and kept me calm through the entire process. It’s very clean and comfortable place.” – former patient
Great place. Genuinely care about women. Safe environment. No judgment. Kind staff. Variety of health services. Reliable health care the way it should be!” – Google review
Nice clean office
Staff and doctors made me feel very comfortable. I’ve been to other offices in the area, this one is the best by far!!!” – former patient
Right to make a choice
People should have the right to make a choice. Thank y’all for all you do.” – Google review