The Abortion Pill (medication abortion) can safely end a pregnancy up to 11 weeks.
At Capital Women’s Health have dedicated our lives to giving patients choices and we are pleased that the Abortion Pill gives more women, more options when making a personal health decision.
The abortion pill is 93-98% effective. 2-7% of women may have to have an in-clinic abortion procedure after taking the pill to end their pregnancy if the abortion pill does not complete the procedure.
How does the ABORTION PILL work?
- Must be under 11 weeks pregnant as established by ultrasound/sonar.
- Abortion pill is an in-clinic and at-home process:
- You will be seen by the provider and receive your abortion medication.
- You will take additional medication later at home to cause your uterus to contract.
3. Expect the abortion to occur in the two days after leaving the clinic, but sometimes the abortion can be delayed and can occur unexpectedly in the two weeks after your first clinic visit.
4. You must be able to be contacted 1-2 weeks after your visit to make sure you are not still pregnant. You may need to return for an ultrasound here in the clinic. There is no charge for this visit.
5. You must be able to handle the possibility of heavy bleeding, clotting and cramping during the two week time period after your visit to the clinic.
Call one of our phone counselors if you are considering this option, and we will be happy to answer any further questions and help you determine if this option is best for you.
See our Abortion Fees for current prices.